The Green Planet - Day Pass
Supplied by: The Green Planet
Sometimes you just have to move indoors to discover the magnificent outdoors. Explore the region's first bio-dome filled with all the magnificent flora and fauna you could ever imagine.
- Level 4 – Canopy Level: The canopy forms the roof of the rainforest, absorbing the majority of the sunlight and diffusing rainfall. It stands approximately 45m above the ground. Here you will find many species of birds, and the famous bat cave which homes the seba bats in their natural cosy environment.
- Level 3 – The Mid Story: This is the middle layer of the rainforest, where trees commonly have large leaves in order to absorb any sunlight filtered down through the canopy. Here, there is more open space than above and more sunlight than the forest floor below, with lots of monkeys and reptiles.
- Level 2 – The Forest Floor: The three words that best describe the forest floor of the rainforest – humid, quiet and dark. Unlike the other brighter and lively layers, barely any sunlight reaches the floor, and it's here that you will find the red footed tortoise.
- Level 1 – The Flooded Rainforest: As much life as there is above ground, a lot of activity happens below. The Flooded rainforest is complete with a giant aquarium filled with species such as arapaima, arowana and the newest kid on the block 1,000 piranhas!
- Admission ticket
- Food & Beverages
The Green Planet is the region’s first bio-dome that recreates the enchanting world of a tropical rainforest. It's home to over 3,000 plants and animals, and is built around the world’s largest artificial manmade tree. The enclosed ecosystem, located at City Walk, offers visitors an immersive expedition into the tropics. The unique venue has four levels with fascinating animal and plant species to see, including sloths, toucans, tree porcupines, South American plants, vines, reptiles, fish and insects. It's a great destination for families and guests of all ages.
Know before you go
There are free roaming animals in the facility.
Terms and Conditions apply. Please see the website for more information or call 800 MERAAS for additional details.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the booked date. No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
- Monday 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Tuesday 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Wednesday 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Thursday 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Friday 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Saturday 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Sunday 11:00 AM - 06:00 PM
All guests entering The Green Planet are subject to the policies and guidelines as set forth by The Green Planet Management. Guests must present their ticket upon request for entry. Children must be supervised always, by an adult or someone 16 years or older. Adults are responsible for the care and conduct of the child in their care. Guests must follow all posted and verbal safety instructions provided by The Green Planet team members. Food and beverages are not allowed inside the facility. The Green Planet reserves the right to temporarily close the facility for the purposes of maintenance or private events without prior notice. Guests should not leave any valuables or personal belongings unattended. The Green Planet is not responsible or liable for any lost, stolen or damaged property. The Green Planet is a smoke-free facility. Guests can be held responsible for damage to The Green Planet property and damage to the person or property of other guests. Respectful attire must be worn always. The Green Planet reserves the right to refuse admittance to guests with inappropriate attire. The Green Planet management reserves the right to refuse admission or reject a valid ticket holding guest, if in the management's opinion, that guest may pose a risk to the safety of other guests and animals or affect their enjoyment within The Green Planet and / or affect the normal operation of The Green Planet. The Green Planet management accepts no liability and is fully and effectively indemnified by the ticket holding guests always against any liability which includes but is not limited to losses, costs, claims, demands, actions, damages, legal and other professional fees and expenses. For the health and safety of our plants and animals, please refrain from touching, handling, feeding or harassing these delicate species. Please be aware we regularly maintain a temperature of 24-27 Degrees Celsius and maintain a humidity level of approximately 75%. No flash on cameras permitted.