Shared Morning Heritage Safari at Al Marmoom Reserve
Supplied by: OceanAir Travels
An excitement-filled day exploring Al Marmoom Desert Reserve in a vintage G 230 Mercedes awaits! Discover the historic Bedouin Village, try fun desert activities and indulge in Emirati cuisine.
- Traverse Al Marmoom in a 1980s Vintage G 230 Mercedes, admiring the tranquil desert ambience
- Explore the desert dunes in a camel caravan, enjoying the vast dunes
- Take amazing photographs and pose with a magnificent falcon
- While exploring the beautiful Bedouin village, savour a typical Emirati breakfast
- Indulge in various activities organised at the village to learn more about the Bedouin lifestyle
- Pick-up and drop-off in an air-conditioned vehicle at your hotel in Dubai
- Ride in an open-air 1980's vintage G Class Mercedes
- Traditional welcome at the Bedouin Village
- Camel caravan ride (10-12 minutes, and can be repeated twice)
- Witness live Arabic coffee making
- Arabian makeover (kadoora for men and abaya for women, to be returned after use)
- Take photos with a falcon
- Enjoy a Bedouin-style breakfast
- Expenses that are not mentioned
- Tipping (not mandatory, but appreciated)
- Quad Biking
Have you ever been to Dubai's largest unfenced desert reserve, covering 10% of the city's entire area? You will be picked up in a modern air-conditioned vehicle from your accommodation in Dubai to begin a 50-minute trip to the emirate's only unfenced desert reserve.
Upon arriving at Al Marmoom, you'll board the 1980's vintage G Class Mercedes, beginning a fantastic ride over the dunes. During the 30-40 minute journey through the reserve, there will be a photo stop in the desert. It is a good opportunity to learn about Dubai, its history, and the significance of desert flora and animals in traditional Bedouin life. You may even be able to spot some local wildlife while exploring.
Afterwards, you'll head to the Bedouin Village in Al Marmoom Desert Conservation Reserve, which makes use of natural materials like goat hair. Visitors will have the chance to experience traditional Emirati hospitality and receive a warm welcome along with coffee and sweets. There's also the opportunity to enjoy a camel caravan ride observing the dunes, whilst witnessing the breathtaking beauty of the desert landscape.
Don't miss the chance to witness the live Arabic coffee-making session after which you can sip on some authentic Emirati coffee yourself. You will be indulging in an Arabian makeover followed by. a traditional Emirati breakfast.
After the activities of the morning desert safari have concluded, you will be transported back to your hotel or accommodation in Dubai.
Know before you go
The duration of the tour is five hours, including pick-up and drop-off. Tour duration is fixed for all tours/activities, but may vary depending on traffic. The safari captain will send a confirmation of the pick-up time a few hours before the tour starts.
Pregnant women, people with back or neck problems should carefully consider their decision before participating. Please get in touch before the tour and we can customise a private trip.
Children below the age of five will be accepted at children's rate and a child seat is provided. As they are not permitted to take part in the camel ride, they will need to stay with an adult at the Bedouin Village or follow the camel caravan.
At the village, there are Bedouin tents, a restored well, cooking stations, farm animals, and much more.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of your booked time slot. No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
The duration of the tour is 5 hours, including pick-up and drop-off.
Tour duration is fixed for all tours/activities, but may vary depending on traffic.
Children below the age of five will be accepted at children's rate and a child seat is provided. As they are not permitted to participate in the camel ride, they will need to stay with an adult at the Bedouin Village or follow the camel caravan.
This tour is not wheelchair accessible, but if anyone in your group has any physical disabilities, please get in touch and we can customise a private trip.
Quad bikes are not included in the tour, but can be booked on-site for an extra charge, payable directly to the supplier.