Bedouin Culture Safari
Supplied by: Platinum Heritage Desert Safari
Experience life as a Bedouin nomad, learning how to survive in Dubai’s desert. Immerse yourself in this ultimate cultural safari to see how these resourceful people herded, hunted, camped and thrived.
- Pick-up and drop-off from Dubai hotels in air-conditioned vehicle between 6 to 6:30am.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. Receive your Adventure Pack and put on your shayla / ghutrah headwear.
- Embark on a traditional camel caravan across the sand dunes (15 minutes).
- Receive a Bedouin welcome at an authentic Bedouin village.
- Explore the traditional village with Bedouin tents, cooking stations, farm animals and learn about Bedouin life.
- Watch a falcon show with saluki dogs.
- Watch the preparation of a typical Bedouin breakfast at live cooking stations and enjoy a series of local dishes.
- Spend time with local Bedouins, listen to their stories passed down through the generations and take part in a traditional performance.
- Discover the desert during a nature drive in a 1950s classic vintage Land Rover inside the Conservation Reserve
- Return to the hotel between 11pm to 12am (depends on the season/sunrise).
- Adventure Pack and refillable stainless-steel water bottle
- Headwear (shayla or ghutrah)
- 15-minute camel ride
- Interaction with farm animals and saluki dog
- Falconry performance and conversing with a local falconer
- Joining traditional dances with young locals
- Traditional Emirati breakfast
- Nature safari in a vintage Land Rover
- Pick-up from urban Dubai area in a shared air-conditioned vehicle.
Your journey starts in the morning, once you have reached our private desert property. You will start your cultural journey traversing the desert on a camel, traditionally called the 'ship of the desert'. Arriving at your destination: a nomadic Bedouin camp, you will experience an insight into authentic Bedouin life.
A rustic and culturally-immersive experience, this tour is perfect for adventurers looking for a hands-on experience and glimpse into life in the desert. Discover the desert in a vintage 1950 open-top Land Rover before returning back to your hotel.
Know before you go
Pick-up times will vary throughout the year. In order for you to plan your day, please be prepared for a pick-up between 5.30am – 7am. A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone before 5pm the day before the excursion. If we are not able to reach you, we kindly ask you to contact us.
A private car booking is required if travelling with children 4 years old and below.
Pick-up from private residences cannot be accommodated, only from hotels.
Vegetarian/child meals/kosher meals are available upon request on booking.
As our safari drives do not do dune driving, pregnant ladies can join our safari till the second trimester. After that they can spend time at the camp.
In case of changes to timings or otherwise, we can reach out to the hotel and guests directly if their working contact number is provided.
We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance that will cover you in case of unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from joining your scheduled tour.
We will be more
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the booked date. No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
- Monday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Tuesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Wednesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Thursday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Friday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Saturday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Sunday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Pick-up times will vary throughout the year. In order for you to plan your day, please be prepared for a pick-up between 5.30am – 7am.
A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone by 5pm the day before the excursion. If we were not able to reach you, we kindly ask you to contact our office on 04 440 9827.
We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance to cover you in case of unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from joining your scheduled tour.
We will be more than happy to provide evidence to your insurance company if you're unable to join us.
We don't pick up guests from private residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a private residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
Children over five years old and under 12 will be accepted at the child rate.
A private car booking is required if travelling with children under five years old.
So that you never feel overcrowded, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests in our very spacious camps.
Due to health concerns, the nature drive is not recommended for pregnant guests within their third trimester.
Some vehicles can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests.
For private car bookings, please contact customer support.