Heritage Safari in Vintage Land Rover with Overnight Stay and Hot Air Balloon - Shared
Supplied by: Platinum Heritage
Experience the most awarded desert safari in Dubai. Explore the desert in a vintage Land Rover.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your sheila or ghutra (traditional headscarf)
- • Shared pick-up from Dubai hotels between 2:30pm and 4:30pm, depending on the season. We will inform you of the exact pick-up time around noon on the day of your desert safari.
- • Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and receive your Adventure Pack (headscarf, stainless steel water bottle and bag). Embark on a 60-minute nature safari (choose between a vintage Land Rover or camel caravan when booking).
- • Marvel at a falcon show against an Arabian sunset backdrop
- • Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin Camp and receive a warm welcoming with coffee and dates
- • Enjoy live bread making, coffee making and camel rides
- • Indulge in a four-course traditional dinner
- • Watch and partake in Emirati performances like drumming and Yola
- • Stay overnight in a traditional Arabic stone dwelling. You will be provided with all the amenities like a comfortable bed, pillows and sheets.
- • Spectacular sunrise hot air balloon flight the next morning
- • The overnight Bedouin camp is located only 15 minutes away from the hot air balloon take-off site. After the flight, you will return to the camp to enjoy a delicious breakfast before returning to the city.
- • Return to the hotel between 10:30am and 11:30pm, depending on the season
- • As a summer offer the following add-ons are complimentary until 30 September 2023:
- - Air-conditioned car option
- - Fresh oysters from the Arabian Gulf
- - Traditional Syrian ice cream to cool you down
- - Owl encounter and photo opportunity
- - Immersive stargazing session
- - Regional coffee and tea tasting for a cultural journey
- • Optional photos and videos
- • Gratuities
Embark on the most awarded desert safari in Dubai. Your guide will take you on a 60-minute nature safari through the Dubai Desert Conservation Drive while telling you all about the local fauna and flora and how the Bedouin used to survive.
The vintage Land Rover ensures a throwback to when the first vehicles were introduced to the UAE in the 1950s. Feel the wind in your hair and snap irreplaceable pictures in the classic cars. Take in a magnificent Arabian sunset while watching a spectacular falconry performance. Ease into the evening with a delicious Emirati dinner. Be entertained with traditional performances like Yola and drumming.
After an unforgettable time spent around the bonfire in a traditional majlis, retreat to your private room. These stone dwellings are inspired by how the Bedouin designed and built their accommodation. Enjoy a restful sleep with no sounds or lights from the city to interrupt. Your room is fully equipped with a bed and comfortable bedding.
Rise before the sun to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime hot air ballooning experience. Floating at sunrise over the pristine dunes of the Dubai desert is something you will never forget. A gourmet breakfast awaits you after landing and will complete your time in a magical setting.
Know before you go
• Hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in a shared air-conditioned vehicle. (Time is between 2:30pm and 4:30pm depending on the season/sunset.) The operator will contact you within 24h to 48h of the tour date to confirm pick up location and time.
• As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and comfortable cool clothes. During winter (December- February) we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
• Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated.
• We do not serve alcohol or permit guests to bring it on tour to stay true to local traditions and showcase the authenticity, warmth and hospitality of this region
• Bathrooms facilities are available in the desert and at the camp and are shared. Shared bathroom for the overnight accommodation is available
• Our camps are solar powered, you will be provided with a torch as the light will be switch off at night
• Your Desert Safari is conducted by highly trained conservation guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai
• A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai
• As a summer offer the following add-ons are complimentary until 30 September 2023:
- Air-conditioned car option
- Fresh oysters from the Arabian Gulf
- Traditional Syrian ice cream to cool you down
- Owl encounter and photo opportunity
- Immersive stargazing session
- Regional coffee and tea tasting for a cultural journey
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before booked date. No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
- Monday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Tuesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Wednesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Thursday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Friday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Saturday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Sunday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
• Pick-up times will vary through-out the year. In order for you to plan your day, please be prepared for a pick-up between the following times:
October to February: 2:30pm-3:30pm
March to May: 3pm-4pm
June to September: 4:30pm-4:30pm
•The operator will contact you within 24h to 48h of the tour date to confirm pick up location and time. If we were not able to reach you, we kindly ask you to contact our office at 04 440 9827 a day before your tour
• Vegetarian/kids' meal/Kosher meals are available upon request on booking
• We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance that will cover you in case of unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from joining your scheduled tour. We will be more than happy to provide evidence to your insurance company if you were unable to join us.
• We don't pick up guests from private residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a private residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
• Children between 5 and 11 years old will be accepted at the child rate
• Due to health concerns, the tour is not recommended for pregnant guests after their first trimester and children below 5 years old
• So that you never feel overcrowded, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests at our camps
• The camel ride is at our camp after dark. For the safety of the camels and our guests, these are short rides in a lit area. For longer camel rides, please see our Heritage Safari by Camel.
• Some vehicles can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests
• Shared bathroom facilities available throughout the tour
• Our guests’ health and safety are of utmost importance to us; therefore, we strictly follow guidelines set by the UAE government
• The below language guides are subject to availability on the day: Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese