Heritage Safari by Camel with Overnight Stay and Hot Air Balloon Flight - Shared
Supplied by: Platinum Heritage
Experience the most-awarded desert safari in Dubai as you explore the dunes on a camel caravan. Enjoy an exciting afternoon safari that flows into a blissful evening filled with engaging activities. Follow it up with an overnight stay in the desert and a balloon flight into the morning sunrise.
- • Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your sheila or ghutra (traditional headscarf)
- • Ride through the desert on a 60-minute camel caravan safari followed by a falcon demonstration and sunset photo stop
- • Enjoy scrumptious Emirati cuisine in an exclusive camp set among the rolling dunes of a royal desert retreat
- • Henna tattoos, bread making, Arabic coffee making, cultural performances (Yola dance, Emirati drumming session) are available at the camp
- • Stay overnight in a traditional stone dwelling. A gourmet breakfast awaits you the next morning after a sunrise hot air balloon flight
- • Shared pick-up from Dubai hotels between 2:30pm and 4:30pm, depending on the season. We will inform you of the exact pick-up time around noon on the day of your desert safari.
- • Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and receive your Adventure Pack (headscarf, stainless steel water bottle and bag). Embark on a 60-minutes camel caravan ride.
- • Marvel at a spectacular sunset falcon show against an Arabian sunset backdrop
- • Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp and receive a traditional welcome with coffee and dates
- • Enjoy live bread making, coffee making and camel rides
- • Indulge in a four-course traditional dinner
- • Watch and partake in interactive Emirati performances like drumming and Yola
- • Stay overnight in a traditional stone dwelling. You will be provided with all the amenities like a comfortable bed, pillows and sheets.
- • Go on a spectacular sunrise hot air balloon flight the next morning. The overnight Bedouin camp is located only 15 minutes away from the hot air balloon take-off site. After the flight, you will return to the camp to enjoy a delicious breakfast before returning to the city.
- • Return to the hotel between 010:30 PM and 11:30 PM, depending on the season.
- • As a summer offer the following add-ons are complimentary until 30 September 2023:
- - Air-conditioned car option
- - Fresh oysters from the Arabian Gulf
- - Traditional Syrian ice cream to cool you down
- - Owl encounter and photo opportunity
- - Immersive stargazing session
- - Regional coffee and tea tasting for a cultural journey
- • Photos and videos
- • Gratuities"
A camel safari is the most authentic way to explore the Dubai desert by travelling on a traditional camel convoy. Camels are known as ships of the desert because of the ease at which they elegantly move across the sands.
Your 60-minute journey through the dunes traces the footsteps of Bedouin travellers and leads you to a Bedouin camp lit by gentle flames, nestled in a private royal retreat.
Take in a magnificent Arabian sunset while watching a spectacular falconry performance. Ease into the evening with a delicious Emirati dinner and be entertained with traditional performances like Yola and drumming.
After an unforgettable evening spent around the bonfire in a traditional majlis, retreat to your private room. These stone dwellings are inspired by how the Bedouin designed and built their accommodation. Enjoy a restful sleep with no sounds or lights from the city to interrupt. Your room is fully equipped with a bed and comfortable bedding.
Rise before the sun to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime hot air ballooning experience. Floating at sunrise over the pristine dunes is something you will never forget. A gourmet breakfast awaits you after landing and will complete your unforgettable time in a magical setting – you'll return to the city with your appetite for adventure fully satisfied!
Know before you go
• Vegetarian, kids' meals and Kosher meals are available upon request on booking
• We do not serve alcohol nor permit guests to bring it on tour to stay true to local traditions and showcase the authenticity, warmth and hospitality of this region
• Not suitable for children 4 years old and below and for pregnant women
• We don’t pick up guests from personal residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a personal residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel
• Children over 5 years old and under 12 years old will be accepted at the child rate
• Pick up from Dubai hotels are between 2:30pm and 4:30pm (depends on the sunset)
•The operator will contact you within 24h to 48h of the tour date to confirm pick up location and time
• Return to the hotel between 9:30pm and 11:30pm
• As a summer offer the following add-ons are complimentary until 30 September 2023:
- Air-conditioned car option
- Fresh oysters from the Arabian Gulf
- Traditional Syrian ice cream to cool you down
- Owl encounter and photo opportunity
- Immersive stargazing session
- Regional coffee and tea tasting for a cultural journey
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before booked date. No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
- Monday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Tuesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Wednesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Thursday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Friday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Saturday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Sunday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
• Pick-up times will vary through-out the year. In order for you to plan your day, please be prepared for a pick-up between the following times:
October to February: 2:30pm-3:30pm
March to May: 3pm-4pm
June to September: 4:30pm-4:30pm
•The operator will contact you within 24h to 48h of the tour date to confirm pick up location and time. If we were not able to reach you, we kindly ask you to contact our office at 04 440 9827 a day before your tour
• Vegetarian/kids' meal/Kosher meals are available upon request on booking
• We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance that will cover you in case of unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from joining your scheduled tour. We will be more than happy to provide evidence to your insurance company if you were unable to join us.
• We don't pick up guests from private residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a private residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
• Children between 5 to 11 years old will be accepted at the child rate.
• Not suitable for pregnant guests and children 4 years old and below
• So that you never feel overcrowded, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests at our camps
• Shared bathroom facilities available throughout the tour
• For private car bookings, please contact customer support
• The below language guides are subject to availability on the day: Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese