Platinum Heritage - Private Heritage Desert Safari
Supplied by: Platinum Heritage Desert Safari
Explore the unbeatable magic of the Arabian desert while getting a look into the Emirati culture and heritage. Let the day wind down while enjoying a delicious dinner and entertainment at the Bedouin-style desert camp.
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels between 2:30-4:30pm
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your shayla and ghutra (traditional headdress)
- Embark on a wildlife drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show in the sand dunes
- Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp
- Be entertained by traditional henna art, live bread-making, Arabic coffee-making and camel rides
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert
- Enjoy cultural Emirati performances such as drumming and yola dances
- Return to the hotel between 9:30-11:30PM (depending on the season).
- Hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up time is between 2:30-4:30pm depending on the season. We will share the exact pick-up time on the morning of the experience
- Return to the hotel between 9:30-11:30pm
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless steel water bottle and a shayla and ghutra headscarf to wear and take home
- We recommend (especially during summer) to wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and comfortable clothes to keep you cool
- During winter (December - February) we recommend bringing something warm as the temperature drops considerably after sunset
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated
- Bathroom facilities are available in the desert and at the camp
- Your desert safari is conducted by a highly-trained conservation guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and the natural environment of Dubai
- A portion of your safari fee is contributes to local conservation efforts in Dubai
- The following languages are on request and subject to availability: French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish and Russian.
Experience the most awarded desert safari in Dubai. Take a step back in time and experience the city as it was in the 1950s on an adventure in the desert with a professional guide.
Unlike other Dubai desert safaris, we will take you on a fascinating wildlife drive in a 1950s vintage Land Rover. As the first motorised vehicles used in the desert, these Series 1 and 2 Land Rovers have become symbolic of the city's heritage and venturing to unexplored territories.
Spot native wildlife like the Arabian oryx in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and stop at a ghaf tree forest in the dunes for the most spectacular photo opportunities. Learn about the unique desert ecosystem and discover how the Bedouin survived in harmony with nature.
Witness a spectacular falcon show led by a professional falconer and watch these magnificent birds in full flight. Learn about ancient training techniques and how the Bedouin used falcons for hunting. Watch the Arabian sun setting as it creates a mesmerising backdrop to the endless sand dunes.
Afterwards, arrive at an authentic Bedouin camp, gently lit with traditional lamps and nestled inside a private desert retreat. Discover the rich culture and traditions of Dubai with live demonstrations of Arabic coffee and bread-making, henna painting, camel rides and traditional performances. Feast on a four-course dinner under the stars, before relaxing in our Arabic majlis area.
History comes to life in this once-in-a-lifetime desert safari in Dubai.
Know before you go
Please be prepared for pick-up between 2:30-04:30pm. A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone, the latest at 1pm on the day of the excursion. If we are not able to reach you, we kindly ask you to contact us. Pick-up from private residences cannot be accommodated, only from hotels. Vegetarian, child meals and kosher meals are available on request when booking. As our safari drives do not offer dune driving, pregnant ladies can join our safari until the second trimester. After that they can be dropped at the camp. In case of changes to timings or otherwise, we can reach out to the hotel and guests directly if their working contact number is provided. We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance that will cover you in case of unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from joining your scheduled tour. We will be more than happy to provide evidence to your insurance company if you were unable to join us. Children's seats are available.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time. No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
- Monday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Tuesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Wednesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Thursday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Friday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Saturday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Sunday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Pick-up times will vary throughout the year. In order for you to plan your day, please be prepared for pick-up between the following times:
October – February: 2:30-3:30pm
March – May: 3-4pm
June – September: 3:30-4:30pm
A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone, the latest at 1pm on the day of the excursion. If we are not able to reach you, we kindly ask you to contact our office on +971 4 440 9827.
We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance that will cover you in case of unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from joining your scheduled tour. We will be more than happy to provide evidence to your insurance company if you were unable to join us.
We don't pick up guests from private residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a private residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
Children over the age of five and under the age of 12 will be accepted at child rate. A private car booking is required when travelling with children under the age of five. For private car bookings, please contact customer support.
So that you never feel overcrowded, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests in our very spacious camps.
Due to health concerns, the wildlife drive is not recommended for pregnant guests in their third trimester.
The camel ride is at our camp after dark. For the safety of the camels and our guests, these are short rides in a well-lit area.