Platinum Heritage - Private Overnight Safari with Astronomy and Hot Air Balloon Ride
Supplied by: Platinum Heritage Desert Safari
An evening safari that allows guests to discover the best of the Dubai desert and its nightlife after dark. Enjoy a starry night in the desert followed by an unforgettable hot air balloon flight at sunrise.
- 60-minute nature safari at night in a private vintage Land Rover
- Knowledgeable conservation guide
- Nocturnal eco-walk with UV light looking for desert nightlife like scorpions, beetles and even wildlife Three-course dinner
- Immersive shared astronomy session with a professional astronomer and telescope
- Owl encounter
- Overnight stay
- Hot air balloon ride at sunrise
- Gourmet breakfast
- Pick-up and drop-off in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Night drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a private vintage Land Rover
- Walk through the dunes by torchlight on a hunt for scorpions and other desert species
- Three-course dinner
- Astronomy session with a professional telescope
- Overnight stay in a traditional Arabic stone dwelling room. You will be provided with all the amenities like a comfortable bed, pillows and sheets
- Shared bathroom facilities are available at the camp
- Hot air balloon flight at sunrise
- Gourmet breakfast
The best way to learn about the Arabian night sky is by venturing into the desert on a private night safari, followed by an immersive astronomy session. Explore the desert after dark in a 1950s Land Rover, before embarking on a nocturnal eco-walk. Discover the mysteries of the desert as your knowledgeable conservation guide tells you more about the desert nightlife.
Relax in a traditional open-air Bedouin camp and savour a delicious three-course dinner featuring Emirati dishes. The evening ends on a high note as a professional astronomer takes you on a journey through the galaxies and tells tales about the starry sky and how the Bedouin used it to find their way. After an unforgettable evening spent around the bonfire in a traditional majlis, retreat to your private room. These Arabic stone dwelling rooms are inspired by how the Bedouin designed and built their accommodation, and your room is fully equipped with a bed and comfortable bedding. Enjoy a restful sleep with no city sounds or lights.
Rise before the sun to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime hot air ballooning experience. Floating at sunrise over the pristine dunes of the Dubai desert is something you will never forget. A gourmet breakfast awaits you after landing and will compete your unforgettable time in the desert. You'll return to Dubai with your appetite for adventure fully satisfied.
Know before you go
Hotel pick-up is available from Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman in a private air-conditioned vehicle.
We recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and comfortable clothes to keep you cool. During winter (December- February) we recommend that you bring something warm to layer on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
Dinner includes a salad, main course and dessert. We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure your preferences are accommodated.
Shared bathroom facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
Our camps are solar-powered, so you will be provided with a torch as lights will be switched off at night.
Your desert safari is conducted by highly-trained conservation guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and the natural environment of Dubai.
A portion of your desert safari fee is contributed towards local conservation efforts in Dubai.
The following languages are on request and subject to availability: French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Spanish and Russian.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time. No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
- Monday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Tuesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Wednesday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Thursday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Friday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Saturday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- Sunday 08:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Pick-up times will vary throughout the year. In order for you to plan your day, please be prepared for pick-up between 5:30-6:30pm. A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone, the latest at 4pm on the day of the excursion. If we are not able to reach you, we kindly ask you to contact our office on +971 4 440 9827.
We strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance to cover you in case of unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from joining your scheduled tour. We will be more than happy to provide evidence to your insurance company if you were unable to join us.
Due to health concerns, the balloon flight is not recommended for pregnant guests after their third month of pregnancy.
Children under the age of five are not permitted on a hot air balloon.